Kunda murders: CBI arrests shooters of village head
Pratapgarh: In a significant development in Kunda killings case, CBI has arrested two brothers who allegedly shot dead Balipur village head over a land dispute triggering violence in which UP DSP Zia-ul-Haq was murdered.
CBI sources said Ajay Pal and Vijay Pal, both sons of Kamta Pal who is also a suspect in headman Nanhe Yadav`s killing, have been nabbed by the agency which is seen as a big leap in solving the case which had brought the law and order machinery of the state government under criticism.
They said the agency has also recovered fired cartridges, SIM cards and other evidence from the duo which indicate their direct involvement in the murder of Nanhe Yadav on the evening of March 2.
The agency has carried out forensic examination of the cartridges and other recoveries from Pal brothers which has given enough substance to CBI to book them under murder charges.
CBI sources said while the agency has nabbed Pal brothers who allegedly shot dead Nanhe Yadav, it is still probing the larger conspiracy in which role of some influential people from the area is under scrutiny.
The sources said Yadav was gunned down on March 2 when he was standing at a tea stall in Balipur village.
Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Police had arrested two close aides of former Uttar Pradesh Minister Raja Bhaiya--Rajiv Singh and Sanjay Sing--which were sent to CBI custody after agency took over the case.
After the murder of Yadav, Haq had rushed to the village to control the situation but was killed during violence.
Body of Yadav`s brother Suresh was also recovered from the spot.
On the complaint of the slain police officer`s wife, a case was lodged against Raja Bhaiya and he had subsequently resigned from Akhilesh Yadav government.
CBI sources said its probe so far has revealed that the mob which had gathered after the killing of Yadav assaulted Haq and someone from the group shot him dead but it has not reached any conclusion.
The agency had recently made important recoveries which included a blood-stained ammunition belt from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, one of the deceased, a blood stained wooden rod from another area in the village and most important service revolver of Haq, who was posted slain as a circle officer in Kunda.
CBI had sent the wooden rod and ammunition belt for forensic examination, the sources said.
The agency has registered four cases pertaining to the three murders in village Balipur, police station Hathigawan in Kunda tehsil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!