Kunda murders: Two close aides of Raja Bhaiya questioned by CBI
Pratapgarh: Two close confidants of former UP minister and Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh were on Tuesday questioned by a CBI team, which is probing the murder of DSP Zia-ul-Haque and two others.
Raja Bhaiya`s representative Hariom and his driver Rohit were today questioned by the agency, sources said.
Besides, chairman of Kunda nagar panchayat, Gulshan Yadav was again called for questioning by the CBI team.
On the fateful day, Hariom and Gulshan had rushed the Balipur village head, Nanhey Yadav, to hospital after he was shot at and had also brought his body back to the village, sources said.
Sources did not rule out questioning of Raja Bhaiya soon, as barring the former controversial minister, all the other accused in the DSP murder case including Rohit, Hariom and Gulshan have been called and questioned by the probe team.
Haq was shot dead in Balipur village, 75 km west of Pratapgarh district headquarters, on March 2.
After the murder of Nanhe Yadav, the Kunda circle officer had rushed to the village and was killed by a mob.
Nanhey`s brother, Suresh, was also killed.
After his name figured in the case, Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the ministry and soon after the case was handed over to the CBI on the demand of the slain officer`s widow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’