Kunda triple murder: CBI recovers motorcycle used in crime
Pratapgarh: The CBI team, probing murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul Haq, on Tuesday recovered the motorcycle which was allegedly used in the murder of Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav.
The recovery was made after intense grilling of two brothers--Ajay Pal and Vijay Pal, both sons of Kamta Pal who is also a suspect in Yadav`s killing, CBI sources said.
The trio had allegedly shot dead Balipur village head over a land dispute triggering violence in which DSP Haq was murdered, CBI sources said.
Both were nabbed by the agency on Sunday while their father, Kamta, is still absconding, they said.
The sources said the agency has also recovered fired cartridges, SIM cards and other evidences from the duo which indicate their "direct involvement" in the murder of Nanhe Yadav on the evening of March 2.
The shooters, borne on the motorcycle, had opened fire on Yadav when he was standing near a tea stall at his village, they said.
DSP Haq, who had gone to probe the incident, was allegedly shot dead by a mob which had gathered after the killing of Yadav and his brother Suresh, they said.
The agency has registered four cases pertaining to the three murders in Balipur village, police station Hathigawan in Kunda tehsil.
In one of case filed on the complaint of Haq`s wife, CBI has booked former Uttar Pradesh Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya under murder charges.
The agency had recently made important recoveries which included a blood-stained ammunition belt from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, one of the deceased, a blood stained wooden rod from another area in the village, and most important, the service revolver of Haq.
CBI had sent the wooden rod and ammunition belt for forensic examination, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi