Kushinagar soon to get international airport
Gorakhpur (UP): Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh
will soon have an international airport as the Centre has
given its nod to it.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation, through the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Airport Authority of
India, has cleared the project, which is expected to provide a
boost to pilgrim tourism in the state`s Buddhist circuit.
The Rs 800 crore project is estimated to be completed
within a period of three years.
Tourist inflow of Kushinagar, is expected to shoot-up ten
times after the completion of the project, Tourism Officer,
Gorakhpur, Arvind Kumar said today.
A public hearing was held today on Kushinagar airstrip in
this regard to invite objections from the public, official
sources said here.
The airport is targeted to serve more than 20 domestic
and international flights every day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB