Kushinagar soon to get international airport
Gorakhpur (UP): Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh
will soon have an international airport as the Centre has
given its nod to it.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation, through the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Airport Authority of
India, has cleared the project, which is expected to provide a
boost to pilgrim tourism in the state`s Buddhist circuit.
The Rs 800 crore project is estimated to be completed
within a period of three years.
Tourist inflow of Kushinagar, is expected to shoot-up ten
times after the completion of the project, Tourism Officer,
Gorakhpur, Arvind Kumar said today.
A public hearing was held today on Kushinagar airstrip in
this regard to invite objections from the public, official
sources said here.
The airport is targeted to serve more than 20 domestic
and international flights every day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt