Kushinagar soon to get international airport
Gorakhpur (UP): Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh
will soon have an international airport as the Centre has
given its nod to it.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation, through the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Airport Authority of
India, has cleared the project, which is expected to provide a
boost to pilgrim tourism in the state`s Buddhist circuit.
The Rs 800 crore project is estimated to be completed
within a period of three years.
Tourist inflow of Kushinagar, is expected to shoot-up ten
times after the completion of the project, Tourism Officer,
Gorakhpur, Arvind Kumar said today.
A public hearing was held today on Kushinagar airstrip in
this regard to invite objections from the public, official
sources said here.
The airport is targeted to serve more than 20 domestic
and international flights every day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal