Kushinagar soon to get international airport
Gorakhpur (UP): Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh
will soon have an international airport as the Centre has
given its nod to it.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation, through the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Airport Authority of
India, has cleared the project, which is expected to provide a
boost to pilgrim tourism in the state`s Buddhist circuit.
The Rs 800 crore project is estimated to be completed
within a period of three years.
Tourist inflow of Kushinagar, is expected to shoot-up ten
times after the completion of the project, Tourism Officer,
Gorakhpur, Arvind Kumar said today.
A public hearing was held today on Kushinagar airstrip in
this regard to invite objections from the public, official
sources said here.
The airport is targeted to serve more than 20 domestic
and international flights every day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi 'blocking path to Allah'
- WATCH: Mother of all sixes — Ben Cutting cuts loose in IPL final