Kushwaha arrest: Cong misusing CBI, says BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday charged the arrest of former Uttar Pradesh Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, who is now associated with the party, in the NRHM scam soon after polling in the state got over shows Congress is misusing CBI to serve
"BJP has right from the beginning maintained that CBI is no longer an intelligence and investigating agency but is working as the Congress Bureau of Investigation.
Kushwaha`s arrest shows that the Congress Heqdquarters decide when, where
and how a person will be arrested," party spokesperson Jagat Prakash Nadda said.
Kushwaha, who was Family Welfare Minister in Chief Minister Mayawati`s cabinet and is one of the prime accused in the Rs 5,000-crore NRHM scam, was arrested today by CBI.
After the arrest, BJP demanded there should be a "top-to- bottom" investigation into the NRHM scam.
"CBI has not taken action against the chief conspirators in this case who are moving around freely. An impartial inquiry should be conducted and action should be taken against those involved in the scam," Nadda said.
The party also demanded a thorough investigation into the death of five people related to the NRHM scam.
"Congress is taking action against those who do not suit its politics," Nadda said, adding all those named in the scam should be investigated. He also questioned the timing of the arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre