Kushwaha fisaco: BJP leader suspended from party
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP leader Ramashish Rai was on Monday suspended from the party after he alleged that a deal was struck between some leaders of the party and former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha for his induction in BJP.
"The former minister Kushwaha had a deal with some leaders of the party and it seems monetary help was taken from
him for contesting elections," Rai, a former President of Yuva
Morcha, alleged while talking to the reporters here.
He alleged that due to vested interests and personal
gains some leaders got a most "controversial" person Kushwaha,
who was facing corruption charges, join BJP.
Rai demanded that state BJP president Surya Pratap Shahi
and national vice-president Vinay Katiyar be removed
from the posts in connection with the induction of Kushwaha.
"Such leaders should be removed from their respective
posts and they should apologise to the people of the state,"
Hours later, BJP suspended Rai from membership of the
party and has issued a notice to the former MLC.
"You made indecent remarks against the party leadership
publicly, which has maligned the image of the party and it
comes under the purview of indiscipline," state BJP General
Secretary Narendra Singh said in a notice to Rai.
He said that on the directive of Surya Pratap Shahi, Rai
was being suspended from the primary membership of the party
with immediate effect.
"You must send your explanation within three days that
why you should not be expelled from the party," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal