Kushwaha fisaco: BJP leader suspended from party
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh BJP leader Ramashish Rai was on Monday suspended from the party after he alleged that a deal was struck between some leaders of the party and former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha for his induction in BJP.
"The former minister Kushwaha had a deal with some leaders of the party and it seems monetary help was taken from
him for contesting elections," Rai, a former President of Yuva
Morcha, alleged while talking to the reporters here.
He alleged that due to vested interests and personal
gains some leaders got a most "controversial" person Kushwaha,
who was facing corruption charges, join BJP.
Rai demanded that state BJP president Surya Pratap Shahi
and national vice-president Vinay Katiyar be removed
from the posts in connection with the induction of Kushwaha.
"Such leaders should be removed from their respective
posts and they should apologise to the people of the state,"
Hours later, BJP suspended Rai from membership of the
party and has issued a notice to the former MLC.
"You made indecent remarks against the party leadership
publicly, which has maligned the image of the party and it
comes under the purview of indiscipline," state BJP General
Secretary Narendra Singh said in a notice to Rai.
He said that on the directive of Surya Pratap Shahi, Rai
was being suspended from the primary membership of the party
with immediate effect.
"You must send your explanation within three days that
why you should not be expelled from the party," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?