Kushwaha inducted under a deal: Ramashish Rai
Lucknow: Bhartiya Janata Party leader and
former president of Yuva Morcha Ramashish Rai on Monday alleged a
deal was struck between some leaders of the party and former
BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha for his induction in BJP.
"The former minister Kushwaha had a deal with some
leaders of the party and it seems monetary help was taken from
him for contesting elections," Rai alleged while talking to
the reporters here.
He alleged that due to versted interests and personal
gains some leaders got a most "controversial" person Kushwaha,
who was facing corruption charges, join BJP.
Rai demanded that state BJP president Surya Pratap Shahi
and national vice-president Vinay Katiyar be removed
from the posts in connection with the induction of Kushwaha.
"Such leaders should be removed from their respective
posts and they should apologise to the people of the state,"
He said when anti-corruption campaign had been launched
by L K Advani "a new hope" had emerged for BJP in UP.
"Under a conspiracy, Kushwaha and other tainted ministers
of BSP government were taken in BJP. This has heavily dented
the party prospects in the state," he said.
Rai said that now it was being projected that Kushwaha,
being from a backward caste, would help the party in garnering
support of the community.
"First of all, he has no mass base. Secondly, there are
number of big backward leaders in BJP like Uma Bharati and Om
Prakash Singh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!