Lab report confirms presence of detergent in Parag milk
Bahraich: Presence of detergent and refined oil in milk produced by Uttar Pradesh government`s Parag dairy has been confirmed by a Kolkata-based laboratory, food safety department sources said on Friday.
Based on the report of the laboratory, Bahraich additional district magistrate Prem Prakash Singh has made a strong recommendation to the state Food Safety Commissioner.
Samples of Parag milk brought here from Lucknow were sent to the Kolkata-based food security lab for tests, sources said.
The laboratory had sent the report around a month ago, the sources said, adding the presence of protein, carbohydrate and minerals too were found more than the prescribed norms.
The milk sample also did not mention batch number or date of packaging, the report had said.
Managing director of Parag Dairy BB Bera, however, said the move was to defame the Parag brand.
Some changes could have been made in the samples as no one from Parag Dairy was called while collecting the samples, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!