Labour unrest in Noida: One shot at by security guard
Lucknow: A security guard at a builder`s office in Noida, abutting the national capital, Saturday opened fire at agitating labourers, who erupted in anger and pelted stones and set two vehicles on fire, police said. One labourer was injured in the firing.
The incident occurred Saturday morning in Noida`s Sector 82. A car and a two-wheeler were set ablaze by the workers, police said.
A group of labourers had an altercation with the management of a construction company over their daily wages. The situation turned ugly when the security guard opened fire on the labourers in an attempt to disperse them.
One bullet grazed a labourer, and angry labourers went on the rampage, police said.
Four other labourers were injured in the melee following the shooting. All five are under treatment in a city hospital.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Noida Pritinder Singh told IANS that the incident occurred at the office of 3C Construction Company. He said the situation was quickly brought under control.
"We mediated between the two sides and hope some solution will soon be found," the police official said, adding that additional police forces have been deployed at the site.
Policemen are yet to round up the security guard who opened fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks