Lady advocate shot at in court premises
Mathura: A lady advocate was on Saturday stabbed
and shot at allegedly by seven persons inside court premises
in Sadar Bazar area here, police said.
42-year-old Asha Rani Sharma was attacked this afternoon
when she had gone to collect some files in chamber of another
advocate in the collectorate compound, police said.
Pawan, son of the advocate, has lodged complaint against
seven persons, they said.
"Three teams have been formed to nab the culprits. The
actual cause would be known after her recovery, however, it
appears to be a dispute related to a temple," Ram Kishor,
Superintendent of Police (SP) said.
"The culprits first attacked her with knives and then
shot her at head," the SP said.
It appears that the advocate has offered resistance prior
to the deadly attack as their were many pieces of bangles on
the spot," he said.
She was rushed to a nearby private hospital and then to
"It is utter failure of the police administration. If the
culprits are not nabbed within 24 hours we would be left with
no option but to start agitations.
"The future course of action would be decided in the
meeting of Bar Association on Monday," president of Bar
association Mathura Brij Gopal Sharma and secretary Bar
Association Rajendra Prasad Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet