Lady advocate shot at in court premises
Mathura: A lady advocate was on Saturday stabbed
and shot at allegedly by seven persons inside court premises
in Sadar Bazar area here, police said.
42-year-old Asha Rani Sharma was attacked this afternoon
when she had gone to collect some files in chamber of another
advocate in the collectorate compound, police said.
Pawan, son of the advocate, has lodged complaint against
seven persons, they said.
"Three teams have been formed to nab the culprits. The
actual cause would be known after her recovery, however, it
appears to be a dispute related to a temple," Ram Kishor,
Superintendent of Police (SP) said.
"The culprits first attacked her with knives and then
shot her at head," the SP said.
It appears that the advocate has offered resistance prior
to the deadly attack as their were many pieces of bangles on
the spot," he said.
She was rushed to a nearby private hospital and then to
"It is utter failure of the police administration. If the
culprits are not nabbed within 24 hours we would be left with
no option but to start agitations.
"The future course of action would be decided in the
meeting of Bar Association on Monday," president of Bar
association Mathura Brij Gopal Sharma and secretary Bar
Association Rajendra Prasad Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town