Lady advocate shot at in court premises
Mathura: A lady advocate was on Saturday stabbed
and shot at allegedly by seven persons inside court premises
in Sadar Bazar area here, police said.
42-year-old Asha Rani Sharma was attacked this afternoon
when she had gone to collect some files in chamber of another
advocate in the collectorate compound, police said.
Pawan, son of the advocate, has lodged complaint against
seven persons, they said.
"Three teams have been formed to nab the culprits. The
actual cause would be known after her recovery, however, it
appears to be a dispute related to a temple," Ram Kishor,
Superintendent of Police (SP) said.
"The culprits first attacked her with knives and then
shot her at head," the SP said.
It appears that the advocate has offered resistance prior
to the deadly attack as their were many pieces of bangles on
the spot," he said.
She was rushed to a nearby private hospital and then to
"It is utter failure of the police administration. If the
culprits are not nabbed within 24 hours we would be left with
no option but to start agitations.
"The future course of action would be decided in the
meeting of Bar Association on Monday," president of Bar
association Mathura Brij Gopal Sharma and secretary Bar
Association Rajendra Prasad Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range