Lady advocate shot at in court premises
Mathura: A lady advocate was on Saturday stabbed
and shot at allegedly by seven persons inside court premises
in Sadar Bazar area here, police said.
42-year-old Asha Rani Sharma was attacked this afternoon
when she had gone to collect some files in chamber of another
advocate in the collectorate compound, police said.
Pawan, son of the advocate, has lodged complaint against
seven persons, they said.
"Three teams have been formed to nab the culprits. The
actual cause would be known after her recovery, however, it
appears to be a dispute related to a temple," Ram Kishor,
Superintendent of Police (SP) said.
"The culprits first attacked her with knives and then
shot her at head," the SP said.
It appears that the advocate has offered resistance prior
to the deadly attack as their were many pieces of bangles on
the spot," he said.
She was rushed to a nearby private hospital and then to
"It is utter failure of the police administration. If the
culprits are not nabbed within 24 hours we would be left with
no option but to start agitations.
"The future course of action would be decided in the
meeting of Bar Association on Monday," president of Bar
association Mathura Brij Gopal Sharma and secretary Bar
Association Rajendra Prasad Sharma said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?