Lakhimpur case: Maya transfers DM, SDM
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of violent
clashes between Lekhpals (revenue officials) and lawyers in Lakhimpur Kheri last week which left two advocates dead, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Friday transferred two senior
District Magistrate Rishikesh Yashod and SDM Hariram
were transfered. Yashod will be replaced by Abhishek Prakash,
an official release said.
The transfers have been made to ensure that the
magisterial inquiry ordered by the chief minister into the
incident is conducted impartially.
The chief minister has warned that stern action would be taken against all those found guilty in the inquiry.
The chief minister also announced an ex gratia of Rs five
lakh each for those who lost their lives and Rs one lakh each
to the seriously injured, it said, adding that Rs 50,000 each
would be provided to those with minor injuries.
Lawyers Pradip Dixit and Mukul Tewari were shot dead last Saturday allegedly by a group of Lekhpals or revenue officials during a clash in Lakhimpur Kheri.
Agitated over the killings, lawyers in Lakhimpur and Gola
had gone on the rampage damaging around 12 government vehicles
and ransacking the office of the District Magistrate.
The lawyers alleged that the Lekhpals resorted to
unprovoked firing which left two of their colleagues dead and
four others injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed