Lakhimpur girl`s murder: NCSC accuses policemen
Lucknow: National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC), which had visited Lakhimpur Kheri recently to inquire into the death of a 14-year-old girl in Nighasan police station, has accused the policemen of raping and killing her.
On the directives of PL Punia, chairman of NCSC, R D Chandrahas, director, state office of the commission, visited Nighasan on June 14.
Chandrahas and his team had talked to the parents of the girl and made an on-the-spot assessment.
After the inquiry the commission reached the conclusion that the teenager was raped and strangulated and later hanged from a tree in order to pass it off as a suicide, a release from the commission said.
Besides talking to the parents, he also went through the General Diary, "panchnama" and FIR and on its basis felt that the girl was raped by a police follower and policemen, in order to save themselves and to destroy evidence, strangulated her, according to release.
It said that to project the girl`s death as a suicide, her body was hanged with a loosely tied "dupatta" from a broken tree branch which was as low as five feet and her legs were also found folded.
As per the statement of the parents of the deceased, there were injury and bleeding marks on the body, the release said.
Chandrahas felt that there was a role of a police follower and Nighasan police in the incident, since the incident occurred around 11 am when no outsider could commit a crime in the police station which has a high boundary wall on all four sides with two gates which open on the main road, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan