Lakhimpur teen case: HC demands probe report
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
directed the UP government to submit a status report on the
CB-CID or any other agency probe into the murder of a
14-year-old girl in a police station in Lakhimpur district.
The order was passed by a vacation division bench of
justices S N Shukla and D K Arora on a PIL filed by a local
lawyer seeking direction for a CBI probe into the case.
The petitioner, while seeking a CBI probe into the
incident, had also sought a direction for paying compensation
of Rs 25 lakh to the victim`s family and deducting the
compensation amount from the policemen concerned.
He had also sought a direction for dismissal of the
police personnel, whose name has come up in light.
Appearing on behalf of the government, Advocate
General Jyotindra Mishra submitted that the state government
had already transferred the investigation into the case to
CB-CID and the report was likely to be received in five days.
The girl was found hanging from a tree inside the
premises of Nighasan Police Station in Lakhimpur district on
The victim`s mother in her complaint had alleged that
the girl was raped and murdered after which 11 policemen were
placed under suspension.
While local police ruled out murder citing post mortem
report, the state government has ordered a CB-CID probe into
The second post mortem conducted by a panel of expert
from Lucknow confirmed that the girl was strangulated, but
ruled out rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?