Lakhs of devotees take dip in Ganga on Baisakhi
Dehra Dun: In twin holy towns of Haridwar
and Rishikesh, lakhs of people from different states took a holy dip in the river Ganga on the occasion of Baisakhi.
More than one lakh people have so far taken a dip in
the river Ganga at various bathing ghats of Haridwar and their
number is expected to cross the mark of 2.5 lakh at the end of
the day, police said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made by the
police and administration for the purpose.
People from Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh,
Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Chhatisgarh and
Jharkhand converged on the ghats and celebrated Baisakhi with
traditional fervour and gaiety.
Punjabi men and women attired in traditional dresses
were seen singing and dancing in groups at various places to
celebrate Baisakhi, the harvesting festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre