Lakhs of devotees take dip in Ganga on Baisakhi
Dehra Dun: In twin holy towns of Haridwar
and Rishikesh, lakhs of people from different states took a holy dip in the river Ganga on the occasion of Baisakhi.
More than one lakh people have so far taken a dip in
the river Ganga at various bathing ghats of Haridwar and their
number is expected to cross the mark of 2.5 lakh at the end of
the day, police said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made by the
police and administration for the purpose.
People from Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh,
Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Chhatisgarh and
Jharkhand converged on the ghats and celebrated Baisakhi with
traditional fervour and gaiety.
Punjabi men and women attired in traditional dresses
were seen singing and dancing in groups at various places to
celebrate Baisakhi, the harvesting festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon