Lakhs of teachers, employees go on strike in UP
Lucknow: At least 16 lakh employees went on a strike in Uttar Pradesh, demanding better pay and facilities.
The striking workers include teachers and employees of various other government departments.
Striking workers said they want salaries as per the level given by Central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board
- Terrorists hiding in J&K's Baramulla, fierce encounter underway