Land conservation officer arrested for trying to bribe DM
Ballia: A land conservation officer has been arrested here for allegedly offering a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to a district magistrate for his signatures on some documents, police said on Wednesday.
According to DM SN Srivastava, land conservation officer of Ballia, Nathuni Prasad Yadav came to his house yesterday and offered Rs 1 lakh for his signatures on some documents, saying deputy director of Sharda Sahayak Command Yojna, Lalji Yadav, has sent his (DM`s) share, police said.
The DM immediately informed the police who reached there and arrested Yadav, but junior engineer Avdhesh Mani Tripathi and another government employee Rajesh Kumar Pandey, who had accompanied Yadav to the DM`s residence, managed to escape, they said.
A case under the Anti-corruption Act has been filed against Yadav on the complaint of the DM and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday