Land imbroglio: GNIDA CEO promises early solution
Greater Noida: Amid prevailing uncertainty
on the land acquisition issue in Greater Noida, CEO of Greater
Noida Industrial Development Authority today met the villagers
of Kherpur and assured them that the matter would be resolved
CEO, Rama Raman assured the farmers that their abadi land
issues would be resolved soon, and also promised to give the 6
per cent developed land on Noida pattern.
"Once concrete proposal is put forward by the affected
farmers I will put demands in front of state government,"
Raman said at the Noida Kisan Panchayat held at Hoshiyar Pur
Sector 51 today.
Court has given authority time till August 12 to
negotiate and have out of court settlement.
The aggrieved farmers have called a panchayat of over 50
villages tomorrow, in which they hope to arrive at a solution.
"Authority Chairman Balwinder Kumar has invited
representatives from 54 Noida villages tomorrow and MP
Surindera Singh Nagar will also attend the meeting," Kisan
Sangarsh Samiti representatives said.
Panchayat gave approval to the Chairman to attend the
meeting tomorrow and decide further action after seeing the
response of the authority.
If authority gives in writing the assurance to solve
their abadi land and developed plot issues they may defer the
agitation, Samiti spokesperson Mahesh Awana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city