Land row: Samajwadi Party demands Mayawati govt`s dismissal
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh
government of selling farmers` land to industrial houses,
Samajwadi Party on Wednesday demanded that the Governor should
dismiss it immediately.
"The government is snatching land of farmers and selling
it to big industrial houses. This is inhuman...the Governor
should dismiss the government immediately," SP state president
Akhilesh Yadav said.
Demanding amendment in Land Acquisition Act, he said
acquisition should not be done without the consent of farmers.
Alleging the government of unleashing a rein of terror at
in Bhatta Parsaul through police, Yadav said demands of the
farmers should be met and those arrested should be released.
"Financial assistance should be given to kin of those
killed in police firing and an inquiry into property of BSP
leaders and officials should be done," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener