Land row: Samajwadi Party demands Mayawati govt`s dismissal
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh
government of selling farmers` land to industrial houses,
Samajwadi Party on Wednesday demanded that the Governor should
dismiss it immediately.
"The government is snatching land of farmers and selling
it to big industrial houses. This is inhuman...the Governor
should dismiss the government immediately," SP state president
Akhilesh Yadav said.
Demanding amendment in Land Acquisition Act, he said
acquisition should not be done without the consent of farmers.
Alleging the government of unleashing a rein of terror at
in Bhatta Parsaul through police, Yadav said demands of the
farmers should be met and those arrested should be released.
"Financial assistance should be given to kin of those
killed in police firing and an inquiry into property of BSP
leaders and officials should be done," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi