Land will be provided for central schools in UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday assured Union Minister of State for HRD Jitin Prasad that land would be provided for setting up central schools in the state.
Prasad met the UP Chief Minister at his official residence here and requested him to provide land for central schools.
Akhilesh told Prasad that his government did not want to impede development of the state and would provide the land for setting up the schools.
The Chief Minister, in turn requested Prasad to set up a central school in Kannauj (Parliamentary constituency of his wife, Dimple Yadav) for which he said the state government would provide land.
Prasad assured him that his ministry would take a decision in this regard soon.
On another request of the union minister, Akhilesh said land would be provided for Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) campus in Sambhal.
Prasad also requested land for setting up a central school in Lakhimpur Kheri district and five-acre land for setting up hostel for MANUU in Sitapur, besides Senior Secondary school and common facility centre for the rung industry (also in Sitapur).
Akhilesh assured Prasad that his government would soon take decisions in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof