Land will be provided for central schools in UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday assured Union Minister of State for HRD Jitin Prasad that land would be provided for setting up central schools in the state.
Prasad met the UP Chief Minister at his official residence here and requested him to provide land for central schools.
Akhilesh told Prasad that his government did not want to impede development of the state and would provide the land for setting up the schools.
The Chief Minister, in turn requested Prasad to set up a central school in Kannauj (Parliamentary constituency of his wife, Dimple Yadav) for which he said the state government would provide land.
Prasad assured him that his ministry would take a decision in this regard soon.
On another request of the union minister, Akhilesh said land would be provided for Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) campus in Sambhal.
Prasad also requested land for setting up a central school in Lakhimpur Kheri district and five-acre land for setting up hostel for MANUU in Sitapur, besides Senior Secondary school and common facility centre for the rung industry (also in Sitapur).
Akhilesh assured Prasad that his government would soon take decisions in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?