Landlord`s son, friend allegedly gang-rape a 22-year-old girl in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 22-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by her landlord`s son and his friend when she was returning home from work in Kavi Nagar area in Ghaziabad, police said on Saturday.
Based on a complaint filed by the girl, a case has been registered against 27-year-old Rishi and his friend Raju at Kavi Nagar police station, they said.
The girl lived with her family in a rented accommodation in Rishi`s property where around 30-35 rooms have been given on rent, police said. "An FIR has been registered against Rishi and Raju, and they will be arrested soon," said KS Talan, circle officer, Ghaziabad.
"When the girl, who works with a private company, was returning home from work, Rishi along with Raju abducted her in a car and took her to an isolated place outside his village where they took turns to rape her.
"The duo allegedly threatened and asked her not to reveal her ordeal to anyone," said a police officer. But, she told her brother about the incident, who later on approached Kavi Nagar police station, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family