Lathicharge to quell agitators protesting murder in Allahabad
Allahabad: Police today lathicharged a group of agitators staging a road blockade here to demand arrest of those involved in the murder of a coaching institute owner here two days ago.
Residents of the Dhoomanganj locality were staging a demonstration on the Grand Trunk Road, which passes through the city, in protest against the killing of 45-year-old Kamlesh Chaudhary, whom unidentified gunmen shot dead on Friday night.
At one point of time, the demonstration turned violent with some of the protestors throwing stones at a state roadways bus plying on the road and charging the BSP
government in the state with failing to provide security to members of the Scheduled Castes, whose cause it claimed to champion.
A police party rushed to the spot and resorted to lathi charge to disperse the angry protestors.
Chaudhary had also become a primary member of the Congress party a few months ago though police as well as family members have strongly denied any possibile links
between his murder and his political activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi