Lathicharge to quell agitators protesting murder in Allahabad
Allahabad: Police today lathicharged a group of agitators staging a road blockade here to demand arrest of those involved in the murder of a coaching institute owner here two days ago.
Residents of the Dhoomanganj locality were staging a demonstration on the Grand Trunk Road, which passes through the city, in protest against the killing of 45-year-old Kamlesh Chaudhary, whom unidentified gunmen shot dead on Friday night.
At one point of time, the demonstration turned violent with some of the protestors throwing stones at a state roadways bus plying on the road and charging the BSP
government in the state with failing to provide security to members of the Scheduled Castes, whose cause it claimed to champion.
A police party rushed to the spot and resorted to lathi charge to disperse the angry protestors.
Chaudhary had also become a primary member of the Congress party a few months ago though police as well as family members have strongly denied any possibile links
between his murder and his political activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!