Law and order, crime control top priorities of govt: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Emphasising that law and order and crime control were the top priorities of his government, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said the action has been taken wherever any such incident has been reported.
Speaking on the budget of general administration and home department presented in the Vidhan Sabha here, Yadav said that strict orders have been issued to see that the people of the state feel safe and secure.
Yadav said though incidents of crime are highlighted both by opposition and media, steps taken by government are not brought out before the public.
"CCTV cameras would be set up at busy crossings of big cities starting with 40 crossings in Lucknow, Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) enabling online lodging of FIRs," he said.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya said that though the state government has fulfilled some of its election promises, but the one made for 18 percent reservation to Muslims has not been taken up.
He alleged that there is lack of coordination among the ministers and the officials were also not deliberating their duties properly.
Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradip Mathur (Cong) and Dalbir Chaudhary (RLD) among others expressed concern over the law and order situation and cited several incidents to prove their point.
The Chief Minister would give his reply tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon