Law and order, crime control top priorities of govt: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Emphasising that law and order and crime control were the top priorities of his government, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said the action has been taken wherever any such incident has been reported.
Speaking on the budget of general administration and home department presented in the Vidhan Sabha here, Yadav said that strict orders have been issued to see that the people of the state feel safe and secure.
Yadav said though incidents of crime are highlighted both by opposition and media, steps taken by government are not brought out before the public.
"CCTV cameras would be set up at busy crossings of big cities starting with 40 crossings in Lucknow, Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) enabling online lodging of FIRs," he said.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya said that though the state government has fulfilled some of its election promises, but the one made for 18 percent reservation to Muslims has not been taken up.
He alleged that there is lack of coordination among the ministers and the officials were also not deliberating their duties properly.
Hukum Singh (BJP), Pradip Mathur (Cong) and Dalbir Chaudhary (RLD) among others expressed concern over the law and order situation and cited several incidents to prove their point.
The Chief Minister would give his reply tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Sony Xperia XA Ultra launched in India at Rs 29,990
- RS condemns brutal rape of 4-year old in Delhi
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt