Law and order failure responsible for Saharanpur violence: BJP
Lucknow: Hitting out at the Uttar Pradesh government over Saharanpur violence, BJP on Monday alleged that that clash was a result of "administrative laxity" and "failure" of law and order in the state.
"Akhilesh government, which is blaming BJP and terming Saharanpur violence as a caste clash, must clarify that why it gets into denial mode after every incident," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak, told reporters here.
He alleged that entire state was ashamed with whatever happened in Saharanpur due to "administrative laxity".
"If from their view it is caste clash then too it is the result of failure on law and order front," he alleged.
Pathak alleged that it was due to the tendency of the government of taking things lightly, even small disputes were taking shape of major incidents.
"While loss of life and property is taking place those sitting in the government are trying to protect themselves by giving baseless logic," he alleged.
The spokesman further alleged that decisions of the government, which was following "policy of appeasement", were becoming reasons for dispute.
"At time when administrative officers seem to don the role of the spokesmen of the ruling party, if BJP plays the role of a responsible opposition then what objection the CM has," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics