Lawmakers arrested to create fear among SP workers: Mulayam
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav Sunday flayed Chief Minister Mayawati on the arrest
four lawmakers, including one of its MP, saying the BSP
government is trying to create fear among SP workers to win
local body elections.
"Chief Minister thinks that by creating fear among SP
workers, she can win elections. But this cannot happen. I will
raise this issue in the Parliament, and the DM and
Superintendent of Police, who made the arrest, will have to
pay for their act," Yadav said in a statement here.
Shailendra Kumar, MP from Kaushambi, Bihar MLA Vinod
Saroj, controversial independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh
alias Raja Bhaiya and his cousin SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh
alias Gopalji were arrested in Kunda today on charges of
attempt to murder after they allegedly threatened a BSP
candidate in local body elections.
"BSP should stop torturing and threatening our
supporters. This will not win them elections... DM and SP
should beware. We are not going to leave them even after
their retirement, we will make sure that they go to jail,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh