Lawmakers arrested to create fear among SP workers: Mulayam
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav Sunday flayed Chief Minister Mayawati on the arrest
four lawmakers, including one of its MP, saying the BSP
government is trying to create fear among SP workers to win
local body elections.
"Chief Minister thinks that by creating fear among SP
workers, she can win elections. But this cannot happen. I will
raise this issue in the Parliament, and the DM and
Superintendent of Police, who made the arrest, will have to
pay for their act," Yadav said in a statement here.
Shailendra Kumar, MP from Kaushambi, Bihar MLA Vinod
Saroj, controversial independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh
alias Raja Bhaiya and his cousin SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh
alias Gopalji were arrested in Kunda today on charges of
attempt to murder after they allegedly threatened a BSP
candidate in local body elections.
"BSP should stop torturing and threatening our
supporters. This will not win them elections... DM and SP
should beware. We are not going to leave them even after
their retirement, we will make sure that they go to jail,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM