Lawmakers arrested to create fear among SP workers: Mulayam
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav Sunday flayed Chief Minister Mayawati on the arrest
four lawmakers, including one of its MP, saying the BSP
government is trying to create fear among SP workers to win
local body elections.
"Chief Minister thinks that by creating fear among SP
workers, she can win elections. But this cannot happen. I will
raise this issue in the Parliament, and the DM and
Superintendent of Police, who made the arrest, will have to
pay for their act," Yadav said in a statement here.
Shailendra Kumar, MP from Kaushambi, Bihar MLA Vinod
Saroj, controversial independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh
alias Raja Bhaiya and his cousin SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh
alias Gopalji were arrested in Kunda today on charges of
attempt to murder after they allegedly threatened a BSP
candidate in local body elections.
"BSP should stop torturing and threatening our
supporters. This will not win them elections... DM and SP
should beware. We are not going to leave them even after
their retirement, we will make sure that they go to jail,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights