Laws should be such no one can dare behead our soldiers: V K Singh
Mathura: Retired army chief and BJP candidate from Ghaziabad V K Singh today said that the law of the land should not be such that no one can dare behead our soldiers.
On a visit to the native village, Shernagar, of the slain Indian soldier Lance Naik Hemraj Singh, Singh alleged that it is a matter of pity that both the central and state governments have not fulfilled the compensation promises made to the villagers and the relatives of the soldier.
The Minister of State for Defence, Jitendra Singh had promised to provide jobs to a family member of the fallen soldier but no work has been done so far on it, he alleged.
Even Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has not kept promises on providing jobs to the family of the martyr, of building schools, installing a water tank in the village and cash compensation, Singh further alleged.
Talking about his association with the army, Singh claimed that he understands the trouble faced by the families of the martyred soldiers and will put pressure on the concerned authorities to provide speedy benefits to martyrs` families.
On being asked why he did not visit the village of the slain soldier before, he said that he had wanted to visit the village before but it got delayed due to the arrival of the present Army Chief Bikram Singh there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?