Laws should be such no one can dare behead our soldiers: V K Singh
Mathura: Retired army chief and BJP candidate from Ghaziabad V K Singh today said that the law of the land should not be such that no one can dare behead our soldiers.
On a visit to the native village, Shernagar, of the slain Indian soldier Lance Naik Hemraj Singh, Singh alleged that it is a matter of pity that both the central and state governments have not fulfilled the compensation promises made to the villagers and the relatives of the soldier.
The Minister of State for Defence, Jitendra Singh had promised to provide jobs to a family member of the fallen soldier but no work has been done so far on it, he alleged.
Even Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has not kept promises on providing jobs to the family of the martyr, of building schools, installing a water tank in the village and cash compensation, Singh further alleged.
Talking about his association with the army, Singh claimed that he understands the trouble faced by the families of the martyred soldiers and will put pressure on the concerned authorities to provide speedy benefits to martyrs` families.
On being asked why he did not visit the village of the slain soldier before, he said that he had wanted to visit the village before but it got delayed due to the arrival of the present Army Chief Bikram Singh there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details