Lawyer fires at three in Lucknow, one dead
Lucknow: A youth, critically wounded after a lawyer fired at him and his parents, died early Tuesday while his father was battling for life in a hospital, officials here said.
Blinded by simmering hostility towards a neighbour, a lawyer late Monday shot at three members of his neighbours` family, police said on Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police (Trans-Gomti) Dinesh Yadav told a news agency that the shooting took place in Vishal Khand area of posh Gomtinagar, when in a fit of rage, lawyer Ram Naresh Pandey opened fire on his neighbour Uma Shanker, his wife Mithlesh and their son Ankur.
Swati, daughter of the injured Uma Shanker, told the police that the lawyer earlier abused them and was always harassing them. When her brother Ankur went to protest and confront the lawyer, he opened fire at him.
A bullet hit his chest and he fell down. As gun shots rent the air, Uma Shanker and his wife ran to check if all was well and they too were fired on by the lawyer.
Neighbours rushed in and overpowered the lawyer and informed the police. The assailant has been arrested and his licensed pistol has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch