Lawyer fires at three in Lucknow, one dead
Lucknow: A youth, critically wounded after a lawyer fired at him and his parents, died early Tuesday while his father was battling for life in a hospital, officials here said.
Blinded by simmering hostility towards a neighbour, a lawyer late Monday shot at three members of his neighbours` family, police said on Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police (Trans-Gomti) Dinesh Yadav told a news agency that the shooting took place in Vishal Khand area of posh Gomtinagar, when in a fit of rage, lawyer Ram Naresh Pandey opened fire on his neighbour Uma Shanker, his wife Mithlesh and their son Ankur.
Swati, daughter of the injured Uma Shanker, told the police that the lawyer earlier abused them and was always harassing them. When her brother Ankur went to protest and confront the lawyer, he opened fire at him.
A bullet hit his chest and he fell down. As gun shots rent the air, Uma Shanker and his wife ran to check if all was well and they too were fired on by the lawyer.
Neighbours rushed in and overpowered the lawyer and informed the police. The assailant has been arrested and his licensed pistol has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video