Lawyer fires at three in Lucknow, one dead
Lucknow: A youth, critically wounded after a lawyer fired at him and his parents, died early Tuesday while his father was battling for life in a hospital, officials here said.
Blinded by simmering hostility towards a neighbour, a lawyer late Monday shot at three members of his neighbours` family, police said on Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police (Trans-Gomti) Dinesh Yadav told a news agency that the shooting took place in Vishal Khand area of posh Gomtinagar, when in a fit of rage, lawyer Ram Naresh Pandey opened fire on his neighbour Uma Shanker, his wife Mithlesh and their son Ankur.
Swati, daughter of the injured Uma Shanker, told the police that the lawyer earlier abused them and was always harassing them. When her brother Ankur went to protest and confront the lawyer, he opened fire at him.
A bullet hit his chest and he fell down. As gun shots rent the air, Uma Shanker and his wife ran to check if all was well and they too were fired on by the lawyer.
Neighbours rushed in and overpowered the lawyer and informed the police. The assailant has been arrested and his licensed pistol has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state