Lawyers block rail traffic in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers blocked rail traffic here for over three hours on Thursday, demanding a High Court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
All court-related work in the district remained suspended due to the protest. Lawyers from adjoining districts of Ghaziabad also took part in the protest.
"We need a separate bench of High Court. The state and central government should understand the sentiments of people in western Uttar Pradesh," a lawyer said.
Police, meanwhile, have registered a case against the agitating lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him