Lawyers block rail traffic in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers blocked rail traffic here for over three hours on Thursday, demanding a High Court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
All court-related work in the district remained suspended due to the protest. Lawyers from adjoining districts of Ghaziabad also took part in the protest.
"We need a separate bench of High Court. The state and central government should understand the sentiments of people in western Uttar Pradesh," a lawyer said.
Police, meanwhile, have registered a case against the agitating lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi