Lawyers block rail traffic in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers blocked rail traffic here for over three hours on Thursday, demanding a High Court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
All court-related work in the district remained suspended due to the protest. Lawyers from adjoining districts of Ghaziabad also took part in the protest.
"We need a separate bench of High Court. The state and central government should understand the sentiments of people in western Uttar Pradesh," a lawyer said.
Police, meanwhile, have registered a case against the agitating lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa