Lawyers block rail traffic in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers blocked rail traffic here for over three hours on Thursday, demanding a High Court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
All court-related work in the district remained suspended due to the protest. Lawyers from adjoining districts of Ghaziabad also took part in the protest.
"We need a separate bench of High Court. The state and central government should understand the sentiments of people in western Uttar Pradesh," a lawyer said.
Police, meanwhile, have registered a case against the agitating lawyers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know