Lawyers boycott work at Allahabad HC, joins BCI`s strike
Allahabad: Lawyers on Monday boycotted judicial work at the Allahabad High Court, the district court here and the bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal in keeping with a day-long strike call given by the Bar Council of India.
The BCI had given call for the strike on March 8, asking all advocates, except those in Delhi, to refrain from work in support of the advocates of Jaipur and Chandigarh where lawyers were beaten up by the policemen.
Traffic was affected on the roads adjoining judicial bodies in the city as advocates staged demonstrations condemning the incidents and raised slogans demanding action against the guilty policemen.
The agitation caused consternation among litigants coming from remote areas as well as office-goers who were unable to reach their place of work in time due to demonstrations.
Heavy deployment of police was in place in the judicial premises where advocates were demonstrating though no incident of violence was reported from any part of the city and normal traffic too was restored by noon, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what