Lawyers boycott work at Allahabad HC, joins BCI`s strike
Allahabad: Lawyers on Monday boycotted judicial work at the Allahabad High Court, the district court here and the bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal in keeping with a day-long strike call given by the Bar Council of India.
The BCI had given call for the strike on March 8, asking all advocates, except those in Delhi, to refrain from work in support of the advocates of Jaipur and Chandigarh where lawyers were beaten up by the policemen.
Traffic was affected on the roads adjoining judicial bodies in the city as advocates staged demonstrations condemning the incidents and raised slogans demanding action against the guilty policemen.
The agitation caused consternation among litigants coming from remote areas as well as office-goers who were unable to reach their place of work in time due to demonstrations.
Heavy deployment of police was in place in the judicial premises where advocates were demonstrating though no incident of violence was reported from any part of the city and normal traffic too was restored by noon, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how