Lawyers boycott work in 12 UP districts
Muzaffarnagar: Work in courts across 12 western districts of Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill after a boycott call from lawyers, who are demanding that a bench of the Allahabad High Court be set up in their area.
"Lawyers of more than 12 districts have gone on a one-day strike to press for their demand of setting up a High Court Bench in western UP," Rajeshwer Dutt Tyagi, spokesperson of the High Court Bench Action Committee said.
Dutt, also the President of District Bar Association, said, "The call for boycott of courts was given by the state High Court Bench Action Committee as we are holding a meeting in Meerut to decide on future course of action".
Lawyers from western Uttar Pradesh have been demanding since long for setting up a bench of Allahabad High Court in western Uttar Pradesh for the convenience of both lawyers and their litigants.
At present, the Allahabad High Court has a bench in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters