Lawyers boycott work in 12 UP districts
Muzaffarnagar: Work in courts across 12 western districts of Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill after a boycott call from lawyers, who are demanding that a bench of the Allahabad High Court be set up in their area.
"Lawyers of more than 12 districts have gone on a one-day strike to press for their demand of setting up a High Court Bench in western UP," Rajeshwer Dutt Tyagi, spokesperson of the High Court Bench Action Committee said.
Dutt, also the President of District Bar Association, said, "The call for boycott of courts was given by the state High Court Bench Action Committee as we are holding a meeting in Meerut to decide on future course of action".
Lawyers from western Uttar Pradesh have been demanding since long for setting up a bench of Allahabad High Court in western Uttar Pradesh for the convenience of both lawyers and their litigants.
At present, the Allahabad High Court has a bench in Lucknow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!