Lawyers boycott work in 12 UP districts
Muzaffarnagar: Work in courts across 12 western districts of Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill after a boycott call from lawyers, who are demanding that a bench of the Allahabad High Court be set up in their area.
"Lawyers of more than 12 districts have gone on a one-day strike to press for their demand of setting up a High Court Bench in western UP," Rajeshwer Dutt Tyagi, spokesperson of the High Court Bench Action Committee said.
Dutt, also the President of District Bar Association, said, "The call for boycott of courts was given by the state High Court Bench Action Committee as we are holding a meeting in Meerut to decide on future course of action".
Lawyers from western Uttar Pradesh have been demanding since long for setting up a bench of Allahabad High Court in western Uttar Pradesh for the convenience of both lawyers and their litigants.
At present, the Allahabad High Court has a bench in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened