Lawyers disrupt train service in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers Wednesday disrupted rail services here for about an hour to press for their demand of setting up a high court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
The agitated lawyers holding placards detained the Delhi-bound Shalimar Express at the Ghaziabad railway station and climbed upon its engine.
Ghaziabad bar association president Rakesh Tyagi claimed that the demand for a high court bench somewhere in the state`s western part was about 50-year-old. But the government has not been paying any heed to it.
The rail tracks were cleared and rail traffic was restored after police intervention.
The district court and the Tehsil compound bore a deserted look as lawyers did not turn up for work in support of the agitation launched by the bar association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'