Lawyers disrupt train service in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers Wednesday disrupted rail services here for about an hour to press for their demand of setting up a high court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
The agitated lawyers holding placards detained the Delhi-bound Shalimar Express at the Ghaziabad railway station and climbed upon its engine.
Ghaziabad bar association president Rakesh Tyagi claimed that the demand for a high court bench somewhere in the state`s western part was about 50-year-old. But the government has not been paying any heed to it.
The rail tracks were cleared and rail traffic was restored after police intervention.
The district court and the Tehsil compound bore a deserted look as lawyers did not turn up for work in support of the agitation launched by the bar association.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged