Lawyers disrupt train service in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Hundreds of lawyers Wednesday disrupted rail services here for about an hour to press for their demand of setting up a high court bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
The agitated lawyers holding placards detained the Delhi-bound Shalimar Express at the Ghaziabad railway station and climbed upon its engine.
Ghaziabad bar association president Rakesh Tyagi claimed that the demand for a high court bench somewhere in the state`s western part was about 50-year-old. But the government has not been paying any heed to it.
The rail tracks were cleared and rail traffic was restored after police intervention.
The district court and the Tehsil compound bore a deserted look as lawyers did not turn up for work in support of the agitation launched by the bar association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling