Lawyers go on strike to press for HC bench in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in over 12 districts of western Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill on Tuesday as lawyers boycotted courts to press their demand of setting up a separate bench of Allahabad High Court in the region.
Lawyers in Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Bagpat, Saharanpur, Shamli and Bijnor boycotted the courts and wore black badges in support of their demands.
The call for the lawyers` strike was given by the State High Court Bench Action Committee to 22 districts.
The spokesperson of the action committee and president of Muzaffarnagar District Bar Association Thakur Anup Singh said litigants faced inconvenience as judicial work?was adversely affected due to the strike.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read