Lawyers go on strike to press for HC bench in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in over 12 districts of western Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill on Tuesday as lawyers boycotted courts to press their demand of setting up a separate bench of Allahabad High Court in the region.
Lawyers in Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Bagpat, Saharanpur, Shamli and Bijnor boycotted the courts and wore black badges in support of their demands.
The call for the lawyers` strike was given by the State High Court Bench Action Committee to 22 districts.
The spokesperson of the action committee and president of Muzaffarnagar District Bar Association Thakur Anup Singh said litigants faced inconvenience as judicial work?was adversely affected due to the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre