Lawyers go on strike to press for HC bench in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in over 12 districts of western Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill on Tuesday as lawyers boycotted courts to press their demand of setting up a separate bench of Allahabad High Court in the region.
Lawyers in Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Bagpat, Saharanpur, Shamli and Bijnor boycotted the courts and wore black badges in support of their demands.
The call for the lawyers` strike was given by the State High Court Bench Action Committee to 22 districts.
The spokesperson of the action committee and president of Muzaffarnagar District Bar Association Thakur Anup Singh said litigants faced inconvenience as judicial work?was adversely affected due to the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said