Lawyers go on strike to press for HC bench in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in over 12 districts of western Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill on Tuesday as lawyers boycotted courts to press their demand of setting up a separate bench of Allahabad High Court in the region.
Lawyers in Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Bagpat, Saharanpur, Shamli and Bijnor boycotted the courts and wore black badges in support of their demands.
The call for the lawyers` strike was given by the State High Court Bench Action Committee to 22 districts.
The spokesperson of the action committee and president of Muzaffarnagar District Bar Association Thakur Anup Singh said litigants faced inconvenience as judicial work?was adversely affected due to the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?