Lawyers go on strike to press for HC bench in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in over 12 districts of western Uttar Pradesh came to a standstill on Tuesday as lawyers boycotted courts to press their demand of setting up a separate bench of Allahabad High Court in the region.
Lawyers in Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Bagpat, Saharanpur, Shamli and Bijnor boycotted the courts and wore black badges in support of their demands.
The call for the lawyers` strike was given by the State High Court Bench Action Committee to 22 districts.
The spokesperson of the action committee and president of Muzaffarnagar District Bar Association Thakur Anup Singh said litigants faced inconvenience as judicial work?was adversely affected due to the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you