Lawyers protest assault on advocate; judicial work paralysed
Allahabad: Judicial work was on Friday paralysed at the Allahabad High Court due to a protest by lawyers against assault on a senior advocate and his son here two days ago.
Lawyers agitated over the attack on senior advocate K R Sirohi decided to boycott judicial work this morning when the court reopened after Rakshabandhan holiday yesterday.
Sirohi and his son Major Dhruvraj Sirohi, an army officer currently posted in Siachen who had come home on a vacation, were attacked inside their residence at Preetam Nagar locality falling under Dhoomanganj police station area of the city on Wednesday.
The father-son duo was assaulted by a group of persons who were trying to allegedly encroach a plot of land adjacent to their house.
The attack had left both the persons badly injured and they were admitted to a hospital even as other family members alleged that the assailants had fired several shots in the air to strike terror before fleeing the spot.
Three persons have so far been arrested in this connection.
However, the lawyers who decided to go on a strike today, alleged that the arrests were "an eyewash" and that the police was trying to "shield" the brother of a sitting MLA of the ruling Samajwadi Party who had sent his men to encroach the land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack