Lawyers protest demanding court in Panchsheel
Ghaziabad: Lawyers Thursday boycotted court
work demanding setting up of a district and sessions court in Panchsheel Nagar.
Continuing their strike for the second day today,
president of the Bar Association in Hapur city Davender Saxena said that Panchsheel Nagar district magistrate V Chitra had held a meeting with them last evening.
However, they left the meeting as she could only convey
their demand to the government.
Hapur city was named as the new Panchsheel Nagar district
in September last year by former UP chief minister Mayawati,
but since then the district court has not been set up, he
The protest will continue till the court is established,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach