Lawyers protest demanding court in Panchsheel
Ghaziabad: Lawyers Thursday boycotted court
work demanding setting up of a district and sessions court in Panchsheel Nagar.
Continuing their strike for the second day today,
president of the Bar Association in Hapur city Davender Saxena said that Panchsheel Nagar district magistrate V Chitra had held a meeting with them last evening.
However, they left the meeting as she could only convey
their demand to the government.
Hapur city was named as the new Panchsheel Nagar district
in September last year by former UP chief minister Mayawati,
but since then the district court has not been set up, he
The protest will continue till the court is established,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it