Lawyers` strike affects work UP courts
Muzaffarnagar: Proceedings came to
a halt in 15 district courts across western Uttar Pradesh
on Friday following a strike by lawyers demanding setting up of a
Bench of the Allahabad High Court.
Around 11,000 lawyers and bar members will stage a
demonstration at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi and the agitation
will continue till the establishment of the Bench is
announced, Central Agitation Committee convenor Satish Kumar
Sharma and vice president Mahipal Singh said in Meerut today.
Memorandums in this regard will be given to President
Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, they
"The call for boycott of courts has been given by the
Action Committee of the 15 districts," Rajesh Vertyagi, a
spokesperson of the committee said in Muzaffarnagar.
A three-member delegation is also slated to meet Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series