Lawyers` strike affects work UP courts
Muzaffarnagar: Proceedings came to
a halt in 15 district courts across western Uttar Pradesh
on Friday following a strike by lawyers demanding setting up of a
Bench of the Allahabad High Court.
Around 11,000 lawyers and bar members will stage a
demonstration at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi and the agitation
will continue till the establishment of the Bench is
announced, Central Agitation Committee convenor Satish Kumar
Sharma and vice president Mahipal Singh said in Meerut today.
Memorandums in this regard will be given to President
Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, they
"The call for boycott of courts has been given by the
Action Committee of the 15 districts," Rajesh Vertyagi, a
spokesperson of the committee said in Muzaffarnagar.
A three-member delegation is also slated to meet Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss