Lawyers` strike enters 14th day in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in western Uttar Pradesh districts came to a standstill as the strike by lawyers demanding a separate Bench of the Allahabad High Court in the region entered the 14th day Monday.
The lawyers have gone to Delhi for a demonstration at Jantar Mantar, Chairman of the Action Committee Udeybir Singh said today.
The lawyers have been agitating for a separate bench of High Court in western UP in view of the inconvenience caused to litigants.
Meanwhile, judicial work here and in Shamli district was disrupted due to the lawyers` hartal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM