Lawyers` strike enters 14th day in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in western Uttar Pradesh districts came to a standstill as the strike by lawyers demanding a separate Bench of the Allahabad High Court in the region entered the 14th day Monday.
The lawyers have gone to Delhi for a demonstration at Jantar Mantar, Chairman of the Action Committee Udeybir Singh said today.
The lawyers have been agitating for a separate bench of High Court in western UP in view of the inconvenience caused to litigants.
Meanwhile, judicial work here and in Shamli district was disrupted due to the lawyers` hartal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning