Laxity detected in construction of roads in Amethi: Oscar Fernandes
Amethi: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Oscar Fernandes on Saturday said gross laxity had been detected in construction of roads in Amethi and action would be taken against the guilty after an inquiry.
Fernandes, who arrived here after the visit of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to his parliamentary constituency, said laxity was detected during inspection of 90 per cent of the roads by a team of Uttar Pradesh and Central officials.
He said laxity would be probed and the guilty would not be spared.
Fernandes said several roads were constructed by the ministry in the area but these got damaged after rains and would be repaired soon.
When asked about complaint by Gandhi in this regard, the minister said it was their duty to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman