Leader of teachers` group shot dead in UP
Pratapgarh: A leader of a teachers` group was shot dead by unidentified persons in Ajeet Nagar area of this district, police said on Sunday.
Subodh Nath Mishra, district president of Madhyamik Sikshak Sangh, was shot dead late last night by four unidentified assailants when he was talking to some visitors at his residence, they said.
The assailants fired two rounds in which the visitors were also injured, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- GST: 1% additional tax dropped; states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?