Leakage in Mathura-Jalandhar IOC pipeline
Mathura: Unidentified persons allegedly
caused a leakage in the Mathura-Jalandhar pipeline supplying
crude oil between Chumuha and Badhota villages here as Indian
Oil Corporation today ordered an inquiry into the incident.
The leakage, detected on Saturday, was finally plugged
after 36 hours of efforts by engineers and workers, IOC Chief
Operation Manager E Haq said here.
"A probe has been ordered into the matter. The actual
loss of petrol is being ascertained. The supply was hit for
sometime," he said.
As a precautionary measure, night patrolling has been
introduced in the area to prevent such incidents. "We have
decided to establish a liaison with the villagers to assess
information about the culprits," he said.
The leakage was discovered on Saturday evening when
villagers informed the matter to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video