Legislators`s son-in-law shot at in Lucknow
Lucknow: The son-in-law of a Samajwadi Party legislator and close associate of party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was shot at in the Uttar Pradesh capital on Friday night, police said Saturday. The man was unhurt.
Sameer, the son-in-law of Member of Legislative Council Buqqal Nawaab, was driving past a shopping mall in the posh Gomtinagar area, when unidentified assailants opened fire at his car.
While two bullets hit the car, Sameer escaped unhurt.
"The assailants were in a car and I could not recognise them," he told police.
Sameer said he was into a litigation with some people and suspected they could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?