Legislators`s son-in-law shot at in Lucknow
Lucknow: The son-in-law of a Samajwadi Party legislator and close associate of party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was shot at in the Uttar Pradesh capital on Friday night, police said Saturday. The man was unhurt.
Sameer, the son-in-law of Member of Legislative Council Buqqal Nawaab, was driving past a shopping mall in the posh Gomtinagar area, when unidentified assailants opened fire at his car.
While two bullets hit the car, Sameer escaped unhurt.
"The assailants were in a car and I could not recognise them," he told police.
Sameer said he was into a litigation with some people and suspected they could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!