Leopard killed in tiger attack
Lakhimpur Kheri (Uttar Pradesh): A nine-year-old male leopard was killed in an attack by a tiger in Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) under the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
The mutilated carcass of the leopard, found by the KWS officials, had been sent for autopsy, Shailesh Prasad, Field Director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, said on Saturday.
The tiger attacked the leopard on Friday night near Khaira village in Motipur range, he said.
Spotting the leopard in its territory, the tiger attacked the small cat and broke its neck, Prasad said.
Leopards often take shelter on fringes of the forest killing animals like dogs and generally avoid encounters with tigers, say wildlife officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites