Leopard killed in tiger attack
Lakhimpur Kheri (Uttar Pradesh): A nine-year-old male leopard was killed in an attack by a tiger in Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) under the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
The mutilated carcass of the leopard, found by the KWS officials, had been sent for autopsy, Shailesh Prasad, Field Director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, said on Saturday.
The tiger attacked the leopard on Friday night near Khaira village in Motipur range, he said.
Spotting the leopard in its territory, the tiger attacked the small cat and broke its neck, Prasad said.
Leopards often take shelter on fringes of the forest killing animals like dogs and generally avoid encounters with tigers, say wildlife officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video