Leopard killed in tiger attack
Lakhimpur Kheri (Uttar Pradesh): A nine-year-old male leopard was killed in an attack by a tiger in Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) under the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
The mutilated carcass of the leopard, found by the KWS officials, had been sent for autopsy, Shailesh Prasad, Field Director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, said on Saturday.
The tiger attacked the leopard on Friday night near Khaira village in Motipur range, he said.
Spotting the leopard in its territory, the tiger attacked the small cat and broke its neck, Prasad said.
Leopards often take shelter on fringes of the forest killing animals like dogs and generally avoid encounters with tigers, say wildlife officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie