Leopard killed in tiger attack
Lakhimpur Kheri (Uttar Pradesh): A nine-year-old male leopard was killed in an attack by a tiger in Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) under the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
The mutilated carcass of the leopard, found by the KWS officials, had been sent for autopsy, Shailesh Prasad, Field Director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, said on Saturday.
The tiger attacked the leopard on Friday night near Khaira village in Motipur range, he said.
Spotting the leopard in its territory, the tiger attacked the small cat and broke its neck, Prasad said.
Leopards often take shelter on fringes of the forest killing animals like dogs and generally avoid encounters with tigers, say wildlife officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know