Leopard resurfaces, attacks farmer in Meerut
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Lucknow: A leopard, which created havoc in Meerut city last month and disappeared, had resurfaced in Parichit Garh`s Puthi viilge, a newspaper report said on Wednesday.
The report said that the leopard was seen by a farmer while he was working in his farm on Monday. After spotting the leopard, the farmer shouted in fear, following which the other villagers came to his rescue. The wild cat, however, managed to flee from the spot.
Getting the information about the wild cat`s presence in the area, the forest officials immediately reached the spot. After examining the foot marks in the farmland, the officials confirmed the leopard’s presence.
Last month a high alert was sounded in Meerut by the authorities after the leopard entered the Cantonment Hospital, triggering panic among several patients and the hospital staff present there, an IANS report said.
The big cat was first spotted February 23 at a shop. After residents attacked it, the leopard fled and slipped into the cantonment hospital where it attacked two people.
The leopard was locked up in the hospital situated in Sadar Bazar, but managed to escape. Forest officials are trying their best to nab the animal but have not succeeded till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details