Let law takes its course on Dhananjay Singh: Mayawati
Lucknow: BSP president Mayawati on Saturday virtually ruled out any immediate action against MP Dhananjay Singh, arrested along with his wife in connection with the murder of their maid in Delhi, saying the party would wait for the law to take its course.
"We are looking as to what action is being taken legally against him...When law takes a final decision with regard to him we will also take action," former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati told media when asked what action is being taken by the party against the arrested MP.
The BSP MP from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh, and his wife Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at RML hospital in Delhi, are now in police custody till November 11 in connection with death of their 35-year-old maid Rakhi Bhadra, a resident of West Bengal.
The body of the maid, bearing burn marks and injuries on the chest, stomach, arms and legs, was recovered from the MP`s residence at South Avenue in Delhi on the evening of November 4 after Dhananjay informed the police.
Dhananjay was arrested for allegedly destroying evidence, not informing police about the maid`s death immediately and employing a juvenile as domestic help.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on