Letter threatens attack on CMs of UP, Uttaranchal and Gujarat
Lucknow: A letter threatening attacks on the Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and Gujarat has been received by the station master of Jhansi railway station in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
The letter, attributed to one Karim Ansari, has also threatened attacks on railway stations, bus stands, cinema halls, malls, markets and religious place in Jhansi, Varanasi, Dehradun and Faizabad.
Confirming about the letter, ADG (Law & Order) AK Jain, who is also the chief of UP CM’s security, said that a letter in the same hand writing had earlier been received by Jhansi railway station.
Meanwhile, after receiving the letter, the security for the UP CM Mayawati’s Noida visit has been tightened. The UP police and ATS are investigating into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- Sensex adds to gains for 2nd day, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks