Letter with IM name sparks sensation
Lucknow: A letter, bearing the name of
Indian Mujahideen and threatening to target important places,
was found at a medical store in Bareilly district on Tuesday, a top
police officer said.
The letter, which triggered sensation in the area, was
found at Janata Medical Store on Nainital road at Kutubkhana
by its owner Gagan Pahwa, Special Director General of Uttar
Pradesh Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
"The letter bearing the name of Indian Mujahideen at
the top claimed the organisation carried out the serial blasts
in Mumbai," he said.
It also threatened to carry out similar strikes at
prominent places in Bareilly, Brij Lal said adding the areas
mentioned in the letter included an air base, police lines and
"The letter carried the signature of Abdul Wajeeb," he
The SDGP said it seemed to be an act of a notorious
element out to create sensation.
"Such incidents do happen whenever there is some major
activity in the country. But, we are investigating and trying
to trace the sender of the letter," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday