LIC manager held on bribery charge
Varanasi: The CBI on Friday apprehended the
manager of a zonal office of the Life Insurance Corporation in
Bhelupur area here for allegedly taking a bribe, LIC sources
Acting on a complaint, a CBI team caught Bhagwan Singh,
Manager (Claims), while allegedly accepting the bribe money,
The complainant had alleged that Singh had demanded Rs
1.25 lakh to settle his insurance claim of Rs 7.5 lakh.
The agency also seized his laptop, hard disk and personal
diary, and was interrogating him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...