LIC manager held on bribery charge
Varanasi: The CBI on Friday apprehended the
manager of a zonal office of the Life Insurance Corporation in
Bhelupur area here for allegedly taking a bribe, LIC sources
Acting on a complaint, a CBI team caught Bhagwan Singh,
Manager (Claims), while allegedly accepting the bribe money,
The complainant had alleged that Singh had demanded Rs
1.25 lakh to settle his insurance claim of Rs 7.5 lakh.
The agency also seized his laptop, hard disk and personal
diary, and was interrogating him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works