Life `extremely difficult` for Rajesh Talwar
New Delhi: Both hands bandaged, a deep gash on his face and stitches above his eyes, murdered teenager Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar Tuesday broke his silence after being attacked in a court, saying life had become "extremely difficult" for him and that he wanted to go to back to practice.
"Life has become extremely difficult for me and I don`t know what to do," Talwar said in his first TV interview after he was attacked by a man outside Ghaziabad court Jan 25 where he had gone to file a petition against the closure report of the Central Bureau of Investigation in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
Talwar had sustained severe injuries on his head and hands in the attack.
"I was doing a lot of work and it helped me pass time and keep my thoughts to myself...I just hope to god he doesn`t do this to me. I just want to work...that`s all," he told Headlines Today news channel.
With his wife Nupur sitting next to him, Talwar also recalled the moments following the attack.
"It was touch and go. I was losing a lot of blood and my blood pressure had also fallen a lot. If my brother hadn`t taken me to hospital in time, I wouldn`t have survived," he said.
He said he suffered artery cut and his pressure nerve was also injured. "I have a sort of paralysis of the right side of my face and I can`t keep my right eye closed."
He also questioned how Utsav Sharma, the attacker and the same person who had earlier stabbed former Haryana DGP S.P.S. Rathore, a convict in the Ruchika molestation case, was allowed to be free.
"Utsav shouldn`t have been there. He shouldn`t have been roaming around with a weapon. This can happen to anybody."
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar apartment in Noida, May 16, 2008. Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat`s terrace a day later.
Meanwhile, a court is Wednesday due to rule on the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)`s plea to accept its closure report in the murder case, citing lack of substantial evidence. The investigative agency have also claimed that Talwars did not cooperate in the investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference