Life imprisonment awarded to six
Badaun: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to six persons, including two brothers, in a six-year-old kidnapping and murder case.
Additional District Judge Abhimanyu Kumar yesterday awarded life sentence to Rohitash Yadav, Rakesh, Jagdish, Rajnesh and brothers Dhoom Singh and Amar Singh.
The six had kidnapped and killed Srish Chand (22) in Dheemarpur village in Dataganj area on March 12, 2006.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption