Life imprisonment awarded to six
Badaun: A local court has awarded life imprisonment to six persons, including two brothers, in a six-year-old kidnapping and murder case.
Additional District Judge Abhimanyu Kumar yesterday awarded life sentence to Rohitash Yadav, Rakesh, Jagdish, Rajnesh and brothers Dhoom Singh and Amar Singh.
The six had kidnapped and killed Srish Chand (22) in Dheemarpur village in Dataganj area on March 12, 2006.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 16,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!