Life imprisonment to four persons for murder
Jaunpur: A local court here sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in a 2010 murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Rananjay Verma sentenced Chandra Prakash, Surya Nath Yadav, Sohan and Onkesh Yadav to life term and imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh each.
According to prosecution, the headless body of Chandan of Fattupur village was founded on March 24, 2010 near Babura railway crossing.
Chandan`s uncle had lodged an FIR in this connection at Badlapur police station. He had alleged that Chandra Prakash had taken Rs 7.50 lakh from Chandan on a false promise of getting him a job and had not returned the money.
Before the body was recovered, Chandra Prakash had called the victim to his brick kiln, the uncle had claimed.
After hearing both sides, the judge pronounced his verdict yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir