Life imprisonment to four persons for murder
Jaunpur: A local court here sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in a 2010 murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Rananjay Verma sentenced Chandra Prakash, Surya Nath Yadav, Sohan and Onkesh Yadav to life term and imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh each.
According to prosecution, the headless body of Chandan of Fattupur village was founded on March 24, 2010 near Babura railway crossing.
Chandan`s uncle had lodged an FIR in this connection at Badlapur police station. He had alleged that Chandra Prakash had taken Rs 7.50 lakh from Chandan on a false promise of getting him a job and had not returned the money.
Before the body was recovered, Chandra Prakash had called the victim to his brick kiln, the uncle had claimed.
After hearing both sides, the judge pronounced his verdict yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor