Life imprisonment to four persons for murder
Jaunpur: A local court here sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in a 2010 murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Rananjay Verma sentenced Chandra Prakash, Surya Nath Yadav, Sohan and Onkesh Yadav to life term and imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh each.
According to prosecution, the headless body of Chandan of Fattupur village was founded on March 24, 2010 near Babura railway crossing.
Chandan`s uncle had lodged an FIR in this connection at Badlapur police station. He had alleged that Chandra Prakash had taken Rs 7.50 lakh from Chandan on a false promise of getting him a job and had not returned the money.
Before the body was recovered, Chandra Prakash had called the victim to his brick kiln, the uncle had claimed.
After hearing both sides, the judge pronounced his verdict yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people