Life imprisonment to three for murdering village Pradhan
Meerut: Eight years after the murder of a
village Pradhan, three persons were awarded life imprisonment
by a local court and a fine of Rs 5,000 each was slapped on them
even as two others were acquitted for the lack of evidence.
Additional District and sessions Judge Pratap Singh
yesterday awarded life imprisonment to Rajiv, Aneej and Leelu
for murdering village Pradhan Dharampal on December 5, 2002 in
village Ratolli. However, Rajendra Bhura and Yogesh Bhadora
were acquitted for lack of evidence, prosecution sources said.
Village Pradhan Dharmpal was shot dead and an FIR for
murder filed against five persons following a complaint by
his son Bablu in Sardhana police station in Meerut .
According to the FIR, at around 9:45 am on December
5, 2002 Bablu was with his father Dharampal, his uncle Dhan
Singh and Dharam Singh, when Yogesh Bhadora, Rajendra Bhura,
Leelu, Anuj and Sanjiva fired at his father, due to an election
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan