Life term for terrorist in 2007 blast case
Unnao: A local court has awarded rigorous life imprisonment to a terrorist for his involvement in explosion in a roadways bus and later recovery of explosives on his tip off in 2007.
Additional Sessions Judge Jagdish Prasad found Noor Aslam guilty of involvement in terrorist activities in 2007 and awarded the punishment yesterday.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict.
Aslam, who was involved in the blast in a roadways bus in Dahi Chowki area here in 2007, was later arrested from West Bengal. Acting on his tip-off, police also recovered RDX and detonators from the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements