Life term for terrorist in 2007 blast case
Unnao: A local court has awarded rigorous life imprisonment to a terrorist for his involvement in explosion in a roadways bus and later recovery of explosives on his tip off in 2007.
Additional Sessions Judge Jagdish Prasad found Noor Aslam guilty of involvement in terrorist activities in 2007 and awarded the punishment yesterday.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict.
Aslam, who was involved in the blast in a roadways bus in Dahi Chowki area here in 2007, was later arrested from West Bengal. Acting on his tip-off, police also recovered RDX and detonators from the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice